OUR PROGRAM ELEMENTS
1. Parent-child support: We will admit students at or before birth, and will provide parent-based, early childhood supports during the critical early years of neurodevelopment. Our early supports focus on building strong caregiver-child relationships.
2. School starting at age 3: We believe that school should start early, and that the child’s education from preschool to elementary to middle school should be seamless, developmentally appropriate experience that builds year-to-year.[n1]
3. Partnership with health care partners: We will partner with existing health care providers to coordinate medical care for children, complemented by health promotion work that is woven into our school and family programs. Educators and health care professionals will work together to provide whole child supports for children.
4. Group-based parent coaching: Families will receive continuous, group-based parent coaching to empower them to better support their children and become healthier themselves. The coaching is family-driven and focused on the individualized needs of every family.
5. Portfolio of partner programs and services: Our families and children are diverse and have a wide range of needs, including needs that go beyond health and education (e.g., housing, employment, food security). We seek to be a connector between families and other service providers in the community.
6. “24 hour” program: We offer health and education resources and supports that extend the reach of our in-person programs into the home through technology, activity boxes, and strategies to use at home.
7. Team-based approach to care: Each child will be supported by a team of adults from various fields that works together to support the child. This “circle” will be unique to each child and will include family members, health care providers (e.g., the child’s pediatrician), and educators (e.g., the child’s teacher). The child’s circle jointly develops, implements, and evaluates success against the child’s personalized growth plan.
Please see a more detailed overview here.